This post is part of a 15-day electric road trip through Ontario, Quebec, and parts of the East Coast and back home.
Date: Sunday, February 2, 2020
- Tesla Road Trip: Traveling from Madison WI to Comber ON – Day 1
- Tesla Road Trip: Traveling to Niagara Falls ON – Day 2
- Tesla Road Trip: Ball’s Falls to Bowmanville – Day 3
- Tesla Road Trip: Arriving in St-Eugène – Day 4
- Tesla Road Trip: Bonjour Montreal – Day 5
- Tesla Road Trip: Bonjour Montreal pt. 2 – Day 6
- Tesla Road Trip: Mont-Tremblant – Day 7
- Tesla Road Trip: Mont-Tremblant National Park – Day 8
- Tesla Road Trip: Le Massif – Day 9
- Tesla Road Trip: More Quebec! – Day 10
- Tesla Road Trip: Reached Maine! – Day 11
- Tesla Road Trip: Tremont-Bass Harbor – Day 12
- Tesla Road Trip: Maine Coastline – Day 13
- Tesla Road Trip: New York-Ohio-Indiana – Day 14
- Tesla Road Trip: Homeward Bound – Day 15
Seawall Acadia National Park
Southwest Harbor, Maine
I found an awesome place to relax and recover from traveling. Tremont had a free single EV charger on the side of the town office.
Tremont Town Office
Single J-1772 Charger
I saw a 30 miles per hour (over 40 amps) charge rate with this plug.
Update 2020.4.1 arrived a few days back and I was able to use the hotspot on my Google Pixel 3 XL to update my car. It ended up being an update with bug fixes, no major features.
I mentioned the electric vehicle charger to the shop and they were unaware of its existence! There is a trail to easily cross over to the gas station.
Bass Harbor, Maine
Freeport, ME Supercharger
L.L. Bean Flagship Store
I learned L.L. Bean has a section of parking set up for overnight camping and the retail outlet is open 24/7. $0.00