This post is part of a 15-day electric road trip through Ontario, Quebec, and parts of the East Coast and back home. Let’s explore Montreal!
Date: Sunday, January 26, 2020
- Tesla Road Trip: Traveling from Madison WI to Comber ON – Day 1
- Tesla Road Trip: Traveling to Niagara Falls ON – Day 2
- Tesla Road Trip: Ball’s Falls to Bowmanville – Day 3
- Tesla Road Trip: Arriving in St-Eugène – Day 4
- Tesla Road Trip: Bonjour Montreal – Day 5
- Tesla Road Trip: Bonjour Montreal pt. 2 – Day 6
- Tesla Road Trip: Mont-Tremblant – Day 7
- Tesla Road Trip: Mont-Tremblant National Park – Day 8
- Tesla Road Trip: Le Massif – Day 9
- Tesla Road Trip: More Quebec! – Day 10
- Tesla Road Trip: Reached Maine! – Day 11
- Tesla Road Trip: Tremont-Bass Harbor – Day 12
- Tesla Road Trip: Maine Coastline – Day 13
- Tesla Road Trip: New York-Ohio-Indiana – Day 14
- Tesla Road Trip: Homeward Bound – Day 15
YouTube Edition – Day 5+6
This is a much better way to return to your car! In my experience, charging over a regular wall outlet or extension cable is very finicky, but it sure beats starting a fire or damaging electronics.
It dropped down from 12A to 9A at some point through the night but at least helped maintain the battery charge and helped keep the battery warm for the morning drive into the city.
Mount Royal Lookout | Parc Du Mont-Royal
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
This is one of the most popular and recommended overlooks in the city. I couldn’t see the downtown area too well because of the rain and haze this day. Maybe tomorrow I will get a better view?
I enjoyed rolling around Montreal and looking at all of the street art around the city. I will be posting an interesting mural in the next days’ post as well!
Montréal, QC Supercharger
Place Vertu Shopping Centre
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
These chargers confused me at first, especially because the first one had issues. I figured out that they are configured in a way that someone can be parked like in the photo above (plugged into the middle charger) and in the next stall, someone could be parked trunk first and be able to use the next Supercharger plug (closest to the camera). I remember seeing this setup on Bjørn Nyland’s YouTube channel.
I got to these chargers around 4:00 pm to avoid getting stuck in too much traffic to charge back up. They’re right next to the grocery store, Adonis. They had fresh crepes!
I found a safe spot to car camp overnight near the Superchargers. Caught up on The Ranch on Netflix and went to bed! $0.00.
Learned this night that the Coleman mattress I had been using isn’t truly self-inflating and that if you blow air into it becomes much better and less flat!