This post is part of a 15-day electric road trip through Ontario, Quebec, and parts of the East Coast and back home.
Date: Saturday, January 25, 2020
- Tesla Road Trip: Traveling from Madison WI to Comber ON -- Day 1
- Tesla Road Trip: Traveling to Niagara Falls ON – Day 2
- Tesla Road Trip: Ball’s Falls to Bowmanville – Day 3
- Tesla Road Trip: Arriving in St-Eugène – Day 4
- Tesla Road Trip: Bonjour Montreal – Day 5
- Tesla Road Trip: Bonjour Montreal pt. 2 – Day 6
- Tesla Road Trip: Mont-Tremblant – Day 7
- Tesla Road Trip: Mont-Tremblant National Park – Day 8
- Tesla Road Trip: Le Massif – Day 9
- Tesla Road Trip: More Quebec! – Day 10
- Tesla Road Trip: Reached Maine! – Day 11
- Tesla Road Trip: Tremont-Bass Harbor – Day 12
- Tesla Road Trip: Maine Coastline – Day 13
- Tesla Road Trip: New York-Ohio-Indiana – Day 14
- Tesla Road Trip: Homeward Bound – Day 15
I was able to charge the battery up in the Model 3 to 100%, which I found wasn’t completely necessary but I didn’t want it to dip below 20%. If it had, I would have woken up to a freaking cold car. What I found in the a.m. was that I used approximately 40 to 50% of the battery capacity to run the heater and Sentry Mode overnight, so charging was necessary in Bowmanville to make it to the next Supercharger on this trip.
Tesla Canadian-New England Road Trip! – Day 4
Kingston, ON Supercharger
King’s Crossing Fashion Outlet Centre
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
I picked staying in Bowmanville due to there being a Planet Fitness nearby and of course the Supercharger. I have appreciated their hydro massage beds in my travels, which is a helpful therapy for all the sitting involved and the convenience of a clean shower. Oh, and of course, the ability to workout! 😅
The road to Montreal was constantly coated with rain, sleet and eventually snow. I missed being able to safely use Autopilot or even activate Autopilot on this section of driving!
Casselman, ON Supercharger
Casselman, Ontario, Canada
I tried switching chargers but kept receiving this error, pictured above. In order to get the car charged, I had to unplug and plug back in the car. I had to repeat this a few times to get it charged up fully.
Awesome AirBnb! $33.88