Breathwork is an essential part of any yoga or meditation practice, and the Wim Hof Method Mobile App takes breathwork to a whole new level. The Wim Hof Method uses a breathing app to help beginners learn how to control their breath and achieve states of deep relaxation. With the help of the app, you can learn how to use your breath to improve your health and well-being.
Table of Contents
- Who is Wim Hof?
- How to prepare for the Wim Hof Method?
- Does Wim Hof have an official mobile app?
- What does the Wim Hof Method actually do?
- Final Thoughts
1. Who is Wim Hof?
Wim Hof is a Dutchman who has developed techniques for achieving calmness, relaxation and heightened awareness through meditation.
He teaches people to use breathing exercises in order achieve these goals as well as reducing stress levels which will help them lead healthier lives by eliminating the harmful effects of anxiety or depression on physical health (such things like chronic pain).
One should not do this type meditative practice while driving if they have fainted because it could cause more harm than good!
2. How to prepare for the Wim Hof Method?
It is important that one listen in a body without force. This reminder is repeated throughout practice. Hof recommends doing these breath exercises with empty stomachs for the best benefit. I’d often do it immediately when I make coffee before drinking, killing a bird with one stone.
Hof suggests breathing in your own room or couch. You don’t want to be interrupted. He also advises against breathing exercises while driving if you feel faint.
While breathing deeply and exhaling fully, we observe more and more tension leaving the body.
In the end, we feel tension free and refreshed. In the beginning it felt strange to me, but I quickly got used to this feeling.
What else might I need?
No, but you might want to have a comfortable meditation chair or lay-down mattress.
- BackJack Floor Chair (It works for me to meditate for an hour in a chair like this but not much longer)
- bonVIVO Easy Comfort Floor Chair (The BackJack Floor Chair may be a step up)
- Pebbl Portable Meditation Chair – The Starter – (Navy Blue/White) (It looks like these are easy to carry around)
- Pebbl Portable Meditation Chair – The Starter – (White/Navy Blue)
- Mindful and Modern Folding Adjustable Pro Meditation Chair (I am interested in learning more about this mediation chair)
Meditation mattress for lying down
Meditate like never before.
- The Mediation Mattress is perfect for mobile meditation, as it fits inside Tesla cars.
- This luxurious and incredibly comfortable mattress is made of Gel Memory Foam.
- The ultra-soft and zippered mattress cover is removable for easy washing.
- Three individual mats unfold to form a twin sized mattress (38'' x 75'' x 2.75'').
- Mats stack to be easily compressed and stored via a magnetic strap.
- An included carrying case designed to fit in the sub trunk makes transporting the Mediation Mattress easy and convenient.
Besides using it regularly, I’ve also slept on it, but for the purpose of this post, it’s excellent for lying down meditation.
3. Does Wim Hof have an official mobile app?
The Wim Hof app has been made available on both Android and Apple app stores.
It showed up on my Android phone as WHM in my app drawer.
The app is broken down into 7 different areas.
- Wim’s Challenges
- WHM Exercises
- Breathing Exercises (Guided or Regular)
- E-learning (Free Explanation)
- 20 Day Cold Show Challenge
- Audio (Podcasts, Audio Challenge and More!)
- The Iceman (A Wim Hof Story)
Please sit or lie down, in a safe environment.
- Speed options: Slow, Normal or Fast. (slow is good starting out)
- Breaths before retention: 5-60 (25-30 is good starting out)
- Wim’s Voice can be turned on/off.
- Retention Phase Music: Wims soothing voice (one of my favorite options)
- Ping and gong can be turned on/off.
- Breathing sound be turned on or off.
Is WHM app free?
The Wim Hof Method Mobile App itself is free to download on Android & Apple devices.
Based on my experience, the app lets you try out the breathing exercises for a few times before locking and prompting you to subscribe to WHM.
Yeah, $5/month may be a little expensive for some people. But I think it’s worth the value and quality of this product especially if you’re looking to practice breathing!
4. What does the Wim Hof Method actually do?
Wim Hof Method is a fascinating technique that appears to have many benefits. The website for this method encourages people with chronic pain or inflammation-based illnesses such as arthritis, Crohn’s disease and multiple sclerosis (MS) among others; they are pursuing studies on how mental attitudes can impact your immunity in both good ways like increased resistance against diseases but also bad ones if you let negative thoughts take over!
5. Final Thoughts
It would be great if they added the ability to adjust the volume of the breathwork, as I have found that sometimes listening to my own audio with the Mobile App drowns it out.
The Wim Hof Method is a series of breathing exercises and meditation techniques that can help people control their body temperature, improve cognitive function, reduce stress levels, increase energy levels, and relieve depression.
This app has been featured on Forbes as one of the top five most popular wellness apps to date.
You can give it a try without any risk or commitment today if you’re interested.