This article was updated on June 7th, 2020
Now current Alliant Energy customers might be able to receive the full $500 Level 2 EV Charging Station Rebate due to the new charger including WiFi connectivity or as the electric supplier calls it ‘networked’.
- Up to 44 miles of range per hour of charge
- Compatible with Model S, Model X and Model 3
- Up to 11.5 kW / 48 amp output
- Customizable power levels on a range of circuit breakers
- Compatible with any home electrical system
- Wi-Fi connectivity (2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n) enables over-the-air firmware updates and remote service if necessary.
- Approved for indoor and outdoor installation
- Lightweight 18’ cable length
- Tempered white glass faceplate
I don’t believe the previous versions of the Wall Connector qualified for the networked rebate even though owners have the ability to connect and see the status of their charging, because there was no WiFi connection directly from the charger. We’ll see!
Now with WiFi, you can configure your breaker size, Wi-Fi settings and power sharing. This is available for five minutes after you have powered on the charger and another five minutes by holding the button on the handle of the cable.
Also note per Tesla:
Monitor your charge with the Tesla app and receive notifications when complete. Wi-Fi connectivity enables over-the-air firmware updates and remote service if necessary. Tesla Wall Connector offers the best home charging experience for any Tesla owner.Wall Connector
Per Alliant Energy:
“A Networked level 2 EV charger station sometimes referred to as a “smart” charging station”, must be capable of connecting to the internet via WiFi connection for app or web-based charging control. Typical networked charging station features can enable owners to control charge times, monitor power, set notifications, or view charge history. Many other smart grid features may be available depending on charging station model.Residential Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station Rebate Claim Form