This is the kit I used to produce the video and pictures on my website, YouTube, and Facebook.
Thank you, Marek Uliasz, for selling me this picture on istockphoto! 😄
1. Drone Kit
Here are some of the drones I’ve owned since I was first inspired by nature, as well as ones I’d like to own one day.
Camera / Video Drones
DJI Mini 2
Ultralight and Foldable Drone Quadcopter, 3-Axis Gimbal with 4K Camera, 12MP Photo, 31 Mins Flight Time, OcuSync 2.0 10km HD Video Transmission, QuickShots Gray
- Up to 6.2-Mile Range with OcuSync 2.0
- Withstands 19 to 24 mph Winds
- 8.8 oz Lightweight & Foldable Design
- 3-Axis Gimbal with 4K/30 Video
The DJI Mini 2 drone was purchased for the WeFlyWithDrones community stock pictures and has been in my drone kit ever since. It is a lightweight flyer that weighs less than 249 grams, which is great for traveling since some places limit the weight of drones.
DJI Air 2S
With a 1-inch sensor, 5.4K video, MasterShots, and much more, DJI Air 2S is the ultimate all-in-one camera drone.
- 1-Inch Image Sensor
- Mastershots (QuickShots)
- Upgraded FocusTrack
- One Billion Color (with 10-bit Dlog-M color profile)
- 7.5 Miles Max Video Transmission
- Environment Sensing (up, down forward & backward)
DJI Air 2S is my daily driver. 😄
DJI Avata Pro-View Combo
- Engaging Flying Experience
- User-friendly Movement Control
- 4K/60fps 155° Ultra-Wide Field of View Videos
- Robust Video Stabilization
- Approximately 410 g, Light and Compact
- Improved Safety with Integrated Propeller Guard
- 1080p/100fps Video Transmission Quality: Minimal Latency of 30 ms
- Dual 1080p Micro-OLED Displays
When purchasing a DJI Avata drone, it may be worth considering some additional accessories that can enhance your flying experience. Two add-ons that you may want to consider are the DJI Avata Fly More Kit and the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2.
Interested in taking your flying experience to new heights with the latest technology? I share my thoughts on two of the hottest products from DJI – the DJI DJI Goggles Integra and the DJI Goggles 2 – in my blog post titled ‘My Thoughts on the DJI Avada and Integra Goggles: A Drone Pilot’s Perspective‘.
I freaking loved my Skydio 2 drone, but I wasn’t willing to wait for the software to improve while I owned it, so when they announced their brand new Skydio 2+ camera with a brand-new software, better range and gives me better flight time, they had my attention.
I am happy with the footage on my YouTube channel (This is a direct link to one of my Skydio 2 videos). 😃
- VW Golf R Filmed in 4k UHD From Skydio 2
- Our First Flight with the Skydio 2 Autonomous Drone
- Mavic Air 2 vs Skydio 2: Which Drone is Best For You?
DJI Mavic 3
Camera Drone with 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad Camera, 5.1K Video, Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing, 46-Min Flight, RC Quadcopter with Advanced Auto Return, Max 15km Video Transmission
A substantial improvement over the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I have used this drone in a few of my YouTube videos and plan on buying it sometime in the future or seeing if DJI comes out with a Pro edition of the drone.
Compared to DJI Mavic 2 Pro, this is a substantial improvement. In a few of my YouTube videos, I have used this drone, and I plan to buy it in the future or see if DJI releases a Pro edition.
- DJI Mavic 3 Unboxing: What’s Inside the Fly More Combo
- How Far Can the Mavic 3 Fly in Sport Mode?
- A Sunset in the Midwest | DJI Mavic 3 4K/60 | Cinematic Drone Footage (YouTube)
2. Camera Kit
Sony a7R III
42.4MP Full-frame Mirrorless Interchangeable-Lens Camera (Renewed)
I found the Sony a7R III camera to be a remarkable upgrade from the Canon 5D Mark III, especially because of its built-in image stabilization and 42.4MP full frame sensor. A significant improvement in image quality and stability results from these features, which enhance the overall performance of the camera.
Osmo Action has been such a convenience for me!
- Tesla FSD Beta 10.3.1 | Downtown Madison Wisconsin (Timelapse) (YouTube)
- Tesla FSD Beta 10.3.1 | Downtown Madison Wisconsin (Realtime) (YouTube)
For these Tesla Full Self Driving videos, I used both the Sony A7RIII and the DJI Osmo Action Camera. If you are interested in learning more about the Tesla FSD Beta, check out these videos. 😃