This article was updated on June 7th, 2020
CreativeLive is headquartered in San Francisco and Seattle, with four in-house studios for their video productions. They have an interesting business model by allowing their students or anyone really to tune into the network for free during live broadcasts. Students also have the option to purchase courses for playback at their own pace or download directly to their devices. These broadcasts have become quite popular with 20,000-60,000 people watching to learn more about a broad set of topics, photography being what drew me into checking out their site!
One of my favorite courses on their website would have to be Chris Burkard: The Outdoor Photography Experience. Chris is based in Central Coast California and focuses on surf, outdoor, lifestyle and travel subjects. I could really connect with his story and found it inspiring.
Free On-Air Classes – Upcoming Week of 12/22:
- Scrapbooking Your Baby's First Year
- How to Retire Early: The Latte Factor
- Pairing Typefaces: Tips for Combining Fonts
- Creating Impact in a Dull Space
- How to Get More Done
- Make Your Own Bath & Body Products
They offer 1 free lesson of your choice on the iOS app, everyday: CreativeLive App!
- How to Choose Your First Drone by Dirk Dallas (Free Class!)
- In Focus: A Career Takes Flight by Adam Senatori (Free Class!)
- Beginner Drone Photography by Dirk Dallas
- Intermediate Drone Videography and Photography by Dirk Dallas
- Create Stunning Drone Images with Adobe Creative Cloud by Colin Smith
CreativeLive has an Annual Pass offering which is on sale right now for $149/per year (instead of $299), where you have access to over 1500 of their classes. Note: exclusions apply.
- On-demand access
- Download lessons for offline viewing on iOS app
- Seamless syncing between desktop & mobile
- Download all class bonus materials