This post is part of a 15-day electric road trip through Ontario, Quebec, and parts of the East Coast and back home. Today I reached St-Eugène.
Date: Saturday, January 25, 2020
- Road Trip Tesla : Voyage de Madison WI à Comber ON - Jour 1
- Road Trip Tesla : Voyage jusqu'à Niagara Falls ON - Jour 2
- Road Trip Tesla : Ball's Falls à Bowmanville - Jour 3
- Road Trip Tesla : Arrivée à St-Eugène - Jour 4
- Road Trip Tesla : Bonjour Montréal - Jour 5
- Road Trip Tesla : Bonjour Montréal pt. 2 - Jour 6
- Road Trip Tesla : Mont-Tremblant - Jour 7
- Road Trip Tesla : Parc national du Mont-Tremblant - Jour 8
- Road Trip Tesla : Le Massif - Jour 9
- Road Trip de Tesla : Plus de Québec ! - Dixième jour
- Road Trip Tesla : Le Maine est atteint ! - Onzième jour
- Road Trip Tesla : Tremont-Bass Harbor - Jour 12
- Road Trip Tesla : La côte du Maine - Jour 13
- Road Trip de Tesla : New York-Ohio-Indiana - Jour 14
- Road Trip Tesla : Retour à la maison - Jour 15
I was able to charge the battery up in the Model 3 to 100%, which I found wasn’t completely necessary but I didn’t want it to dip below 20%. If it had, I would have woken up to a freaking cold car. What I found in the a.m. was that I used approximately 40 to 50% of the battery capacity to run the heater and Sentry Mode overnight, so charging was necessary in Bowmanville to make it to the next Supercharger on this trip.
YouTube Edition | Day 4
Kingston, ON Supercharger
King’s Crossing Fashion Outlet Centre
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
I picked staying in Bowmanville due to there being a Planet Fitness nearby and of course the Supercharger. I have appreciated their hydro massage beds in my travels, which is a helpful therapy for all the sitting involved and the convenience of a clean shower. Oh, and of course, the ability to workout! ????
The road to Montreal was constantly coated with rain, sleet and eventually snow. I missed being able to safely use Autopilot or even activate Autopilot on this section of driving!
Casselman, ON Supercharger
Casselman, Ontario, Canada
I tried switching chargers but kept receiving this error, pictured above. In order to get the car charged, I had to unplug and plug back in the car. I had to repeat this a few times to get it charged up fully.
Awesome AirBnb! $33.88