This post is part of a 15-day electric road trip through Ontario, Quebec, and parts of the East Coast and back home. Time for Mont-Tremblant.
Date: Tuesday, January 28, 2020
- Tesla Road Trip: Viaje de Madison WI a Comber ON - Día 1
- Tesla Road Trip: Viajando a las Cataratas del Niágara ON - Día 2
- Tesla Road Trip: De Ball's Falls a Bowmanville - Día 3
- Tesla Road Trip: Llegada a St-Eugène - Día 4
- Tesla Road Trip: Bonjour Montreal - Día 5
- Tesla Road Trip: Bonjour Montreal pt. 2 - Día 6
- Tesla Road Trip: Mont-Tremblant - Día 7
- Tesla Road Trip: Parque Nacional de Mont-Tremblant - Día 8
- Tesla Road Trip: Le Massif - Día 9
- Tesla Road Trip: ¡Más Quebec! - Día 10
- Viaje por carretera con Tesla: ¡Llegamos a Maine! - Día 11
- Tesla Road Trip: Tremont-Bass Harbor - Día 12
- Tesla Road Trip: Costa de Maine - Día 13
- Viaje por carretera con Tesla: Nueva York-Ohio-Indiana - Día 14
- Tesla Road Trip: Homeward Bound - Día 15
YouTube Edition | Day 7
Tesla Destination Charger
Saint-Sauveur Summit (Versant Avila)
Piedmont, Quebec, Canada
I don’t recommend ignoring the speed warnings if you’re told to slow down from the Tesla screen to make it to your destination! I had to make a short pit stop at the Destination Charger at Saint-Sauveur Summit to continue to Mont-Trem. They had ample chargers for Teslas, as well as a bunch of standard plugs.
I plug back in Mont-Tremulent to determine how much charge I need to safely reach the mountains. The navigation seems to aim for 5% while I go for at least 10% ideally so I can move at a quicker pace.
Mont-Tremblant, QC Supercharger
Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, Canada
Model 3 is looking extra dirty!
I was able to communicate to my Airbnb host and charge my car while I snowboarded today! I only needed to charge to 50%ish via the Supercharger and left it plugged in at the house. The host informed me that I could take the shuttle to the ski hill, such a convenient experience!
Waiting for the Bus Shuttle
Mont-Tremblant Gondola Lift
Let’s Get to the Boarding!
Top of Mont-Tremblant
I believe this is a ski run called Beauchemin Haut based on my GPS coordinates but it’s difficult to tell from Google Maps. This was one of my favorite views which is the north side of the mountain.
This photo is a good example of how they groom the hills here. They groom the hills like they do at Devil’s Head or Cascade Mountain but the runs are nice and long like what I experienced in Colorado.
The view really started to open up later in the afternoon and could see the beautiful mountain peaks!
Here you can see the view of Lac Tremblant to the west. I had a blast boarding out here and would totally go again!
I ended up having the Airbnb all to myself and got a great night of rest. They had a great living room setup and fast WiFi. $58.16