I wanted to create a comparison page between these two products. I am gathering information from many sources and will aim for the most unbiased comparison.
Specifically designed for Tesla Model 3 & Y.
|Product||Price||Carrying Case||Includes Sheets||Travel Pillow||Privacy Screen|
|Dreamcase + Sheeting||$758 EUR||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Tesmat Bundle||$314 USD||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
- The Dreamcase includes a portable folding memory foam mattress and a microfibre foam cover.
- While you are configuring your Dreamcase, you have an option to add bedsheets for an additional cost.
- The Tesmat includes a carrying case that fits in the sub-trunk and 3 individual gel memory foam mats.
- The TesMat bundle includes the bed, the case, bedsheets and privacy screen.
|Product||Made for Model 3||Includes Bedsheets||Fits in Sub-trunk||Washable cover||Free Shipping||Cooler Case|
|Tesmat||Yes||$45 (plus bonus)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- Bedsheets are a $79 EUR add-on through Dreamcase.
- Tesmat is offering the bedsheets and privacy screen for an additional $45 USD.
- The Dreamcase includes travel pillows, whereas Tesmat doesn’t.
|Dreamcase||194 cm||35.43 inch||90 cm||76.38 inch||12.7 cm||5 inch|
|Tesmat||190.5 cm||38 inch||96.52||75 inch||5.08 cm||2 inch|
I reached out to Dreamcase to learn that their memory foam is 5-inch thick once you have fully assembled your bed.
A concern that has been yet to be addressed by either Tesmat or Dreamcase is when you fold down the seats in the Model 3, there is exposed metal which I worry about bumping into at night. I feel it could be another great add-on, some sort of rubber or cloth piece that would protect your body from harm.
Bjørn Nyland’s Thoughts on Dreamcase
In Bjørn Nyland’s review of the Dreamcase for the Model 3, he does mention that set up is a little clumsy for him by himself. Whereas my experience with the Tesmat being in three strips makes it slightly easier to set up by yourself.
These two products are designed for different people and for different needs. The Tesmat fits in the sub-trunk due it being designed in 3-pieces. While the Dreamcast doesn’t fit in the sub-trunk, however, it is constructed in a single mattress that unfolds into your bed. They both do an excellent job in their marketing to really play up the stargazing with each car camping setup and beautiful camping spots!
Other Tesmat Articles
I see these new bed options as a spinoff of the vanlife. #teslacampmode?
Photo by Martin Katler on Unsplash